Stimtexx SPA HF (Safe Performance Acid) is an ionically balanced, non-fuming and dermally safe hydrofluoric acid. S-SPA HF provides conventional reactivity with an extra layer of safety over traditional HF treatments. HF acid is normally classified as GHS 1A which produces skin destruction in less than 3 minute exposure. S-SPA HF is GHS 1C, which produces skin destruction in less than1 hour and no more than 4 hours exposure.
Safety & Handling
Do not mix with strong
bases or oxidizers. Do not store in fiberglass lined tanks.
For more information,
please refer to the
Safety Data Sheets
available at Exaltexx.
(6% HF Equivalent)
(15% HF Equivalent)
- Enables safe handling and field deployment
- Equivalent HF performance with no adverse reactions or precipitants
- Compatible with all acid additives (anionic/cationic)
- Compatible with Stimtexx SPA HCl
- Sustained safety features when diluted with water/additives
- Simple to formulate through liquid additive blending
S-SPA HF is the only safe acid able to remove throat damage caused by silicate scale, clay material, drilling mud, and formation fines. Application of S-SPA HF improves flow assurance wherever mineral scales exist in SAGD and other areas of heavy oil production.
GHS and DOT Packing Group Comparison
Dermal testing completed with 15% S-SPA HF
Although signs of dermal irritation persisted to Day 14 following one-hour exposure, the responses were not indicative of full-thickness tissue destruction/corrosion.
* MB Project: 3114311.01.001